9.02.2007

Sunday Sweet "Lemon Cupcakes"


I love cupcakes and lemon so I wanted to share my Lemon Cupcake recipe.

LEMON CUPCAKES

3½ oz softened butter
3½ oz softened cream cheese
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2/3 cup superfine(castor) sugar
2 eggs
½ cup all-purpose (plain) flour
1/3 cup self-raising flour

Pre-heat the oven to 325oF (160oC).
Line a 12 cupcake pan, with cupcake papers.
Beat the butter, cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy.
Sift the flours. Add the flour gradually to the cheese mixture and beat on a low speed, until just combined.
Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
Bake for 25 minutes until firm to touch.
Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Makes 12 cupcakes

LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1 oz butter - softened
3 oz ) cream cheese - softened
1½ cups confectioners (icing) sugar
1 tsp grated lemon rind


Sift the sugar.
Beat all ingredients together in a small bowl, until smooth and combined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some pictures of Henry anthony with his mommy

Anonymous said...

Jason just mentioned to me that I never get my picture taken, I'm the one always taking the pictures. We'll take some today.