Sunday Sweet "Almost Oreo cookies"
Almost Oreo's Recipe
For everyone who loves those famous Oreo cookies, here's a recipe that is quite similar :)
1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Crisco shortening (NOT butter or margarine, use only plain shortening)
3 tablespoons hot water
1. set oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend all cookie wafer ingredients; knead with your hands until it is pliable like dough.
3. Form dough into 3-inch balls, Place on a greased cooke sheet 1/2-inch apart.
4. Press down the cookies with the bottom of a glass.
5. Bake 4-6 minutes, or until cookies are crunchy.
6. Note: another way to do this, is shape dough into long rolls; refrigerate 2-3 hours, remove from fridge, and slice the dough 1/8-inch thick, then bake.
7. Let cookies cool on sheets.
8. FOR FILLING: Combine all filling ingredients; mix well.
9. Form into balls about 1/2- 3/4-inch in diameter.
10. Again, using your hands, sandwich one filling in the center of two cookies, and carefully press down until the filling spreads almost to the edge.